Sunday, October 4, 2015

Back Home

Alan and I made it home with no drama or detours!  

Our trip to this part of Florida was supposed to be our last trip "home".   The reasoning behind this was that the world is big and there are so many places we have not yet visited.  It all made so much sense and was the reason behind the title of this blog. Instead of being my Swan Song and last time visiting the Northwest Panhandle of Florida,  I decided to call this My Heron Song.  Just a little play on words.  But the joke was on me.  What I had forgotten about is this wonderful part of the world is my home, not just a vacation destination.  How silly was I to even consider that I would voluntarily not return?  Of course, we don't know if or when we will return, but our intentions are that we will!

We had so much fun catching up with friends and family, going to my favourite places, beaches and restaurants. Then also discovering new places and experiences, like LuLu's in Destin.






Alan and I had a blast in Tallahassee, both at the Florida State Football game, then with our family when we all gathered for a delicious dinner at Nancy Anne's house and spending the night at Tommy's house in Morgan's darling room.
 






Then also, meeting up with my Tri Delta sisters for Sunday Brunch.  That was just a such a special afternoon.  It was great to see Carmen and Nan again and to meet Nan's husband.






Catching up with another sorority sister, Joni and her husband, in my own home town was amazing.  We had a bit of an adventure finding a restaurant but the bumpy start ended up being a wonderful evening.



High school friends?  Of course!  A trip home would not be complete without spending some time with Jon and, this time, with his wife.  We only managed one dinner together, but the evening was fantastic.  I had met Louanne before but had never been able to spend any quality time with her.











And then, seeing another friend I had not seen since graduation - Gail!  We had a blast meeting up before Niceville's homecoming game.







Morgan came up for the weekend of her 20th birthday, which was amazing and very special.  

We also squeezed in two trips to see the Blue Angels in Pensacola.

Very little time to spend time on our own, but we did have about 3 days with nothing to do and no one to do it with.  Finding ourselves sitting on a dock on the bay, well not on the bay exactly, but just as relaxing and special! Just watching the birds and the boats and not the clock!

I must admit - I cannot wait to go back!




No comments:

Post a Comment